About this course
The How To Become An Interior Designer course contains everything you need to know in order to prepare to work as an interior designer. Interior design is a popular career choice for many people who have an interest in the visual arts and home décor, and this profession can be both creatively and financially fulfilling. However, it is important to understand not only the fundamentals of interior design, but also the practical side of working in this competitive industry.
Once you understand the key issues that govern design projects, you will have the confidence to build your own personal style whilst helping your client devise their ideal home or commercial space. This course begins with a discussion of what interior designers do on a day-to-day basis, how they are trained, and the qualities necessary to succeed in this line of work. It then looks at a number of topics within interior design, enabling you to develop an understanding of how interior projects are managed. The modules within this course cover colour, project management, furniture, materials, textures, and much more. The course also contains clear, up-to-date information on what you need to consider when setting up your own interior design business. You will also learn about sustainability in interior design; an issue that has recently begun to receive attention in the industry.
- What an interior designer does, the history of interior design as a profession, the most popular manual and digital tools used to complete projects, and the typical routes people follow when building their career as a designer.
- How to plan a project, and work with clients and other contractors to ensure that a client brief is filled.
- Important issues that will arise when planning and decorating specific types of space, including kitchens, offices, bathrooms, bedrooms and living rooms, and how to address them.
- An overview of colour psychology, colour terminology and how interior designers use colour to enhance the appearance of a space.
- The importance of selecting appropriate surfaces, materials and textures when deciding on a style and aesthetic, including floor and wall coverings.
- The different ways in which lighting can alter the mood and appearance of a space, and how to select the right kind of illumination for any room.
- How to choose furniture for any space, how to draw inspiration from the most popular kinds of style used in interior design, and how to customise furniture so that it fits your client’s vision.
- How to make the most of textiles and accessories to add personality to any project.
- What is meant by the term “green design”, and how you can make sure that your design practice is ecologically and ethically sound.
- The steps you will need to take when starting your own business.
- Teacher: System Administrator
About this course
The fashion design course was written for students who are interested in working in the steadily growing fashion industry. With this online training course, you will have all the information necessary to successfully begin a career in this field.
Fashion design enables individuals to study fashion trends, sketch ideas and create designs. As you work through this course, you will gain a comprehensive overview of the design industry, elements of design and career options within the field.
This convenient online course provides students with the unique opportunity to learn course material at their own pace. You will have access to comprehensive study material 24 hours a day ensuring that you can study anytime, anywhere.
Many individuals who take the course are still able to work full time, which ensures that you can maintain your current lifestyle whilst working toward achieving your career goals.
You can access this course from any internet-enabled device. As you work through the programme, you will find the short, flexible modules incredibly easy to navigate. However, if you find you have any questions, you can access online support while you train.
Before receiving your diploma, you must complete and pass a multiple-choice exam. After successfully passing your course, you can download your diploma right from home. If you prefer, we can post it to you at an additional cost.
The fashion design course will cover the following information:
- An introduction to common fashion terminology
- The skills necessary to become a fashion designer
- The five stages of a fashion cycle
- The history of fashion
- The elements and principles of fashion design
- How to conduct fashion market research and identify your target customer
- Fashion design forecasting
- How to create mood boards
- Fashion design sketching
- Garment sample stages
- An overview of material terminology
- The main fibre groups used in the fashion industry
- Textile fibres and their properties
- An overview of fabric construction
- Fabric performance characteristics and finishes
- How to source materials, trims and contractors
- Draping, cutting and sewing essentials
- Sewing techniques for fashion design
- Sizing and grading
- Garment support and structure
- Buttons, enclosures and finishes
- Garment construction
- Fittings, revisions and costing
- Garment tech packages
- Finding a clothing manufacturer and preparing for mass production
- Making your clothing line, domain name and trademark
- Creating your business plan
- Financing your line and finding resources in the United Kingdom
- Selling and marketing your fashions
- Finding models and launching a fashion show
- Careers in fashion design
- Starting your own fashion design business
- The fashion industry in the United Kingdom
- Preparing and presenting your portfolio
- Teacher: System Administrator